Important English Letter Writing for J.S.C and S.S.C Examination (Part:01)

Letter writing to a friend 'describing prize giving ceremony and thanking for a birthday present/gift'

01. Write a letter to your friend thanking him for a birthday present/gift
32, Dhanmondi,
Dhaka
The 20th June-2013
My dear 'X',
Your letter of the 30th ultimo has given me a great delight. Again, a nice presentation of an exquisitely beautiful watch from you on the occasion of my birthday has gladdened my heart. I think you heartily for sending me such an attractive present.

My parents are also very glad at this valuable presentation. It will give me much pleasure if you kindly pay a visit to our house. Please tender my best compliments to your parents and my love to the youngsters.

This is all for the day.
Your loving friend,
‘Y’
To From
Name: X
Vill: Shibrampur
Post: Harashpur
Dist: Habigonj
Bangladesh
Name: Y
32, Dhanmondi,
Dhaka
Bangladesh

02. Write a letter to your friend giving a short account of the prize giving ceremony of your school.
Comilla Zila School,
Comilla.
The 23rd Apirl-2013
My dear X,
I am exceedingly glad to have a letter from you. I am very much impressed at your eagerness to know how we enjoyed our annual prize giving ceremony. I like to write a few words about the same below.

The function was held on Monday last in a befitting manner in a large pandal made in the school campus. It was presided over by the Director General of Higher and Secondary Education, Bangladesh. The Honorable Education Minister of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh was the chief guest of the function. It was largely attended by the guardians and elites of the locality. The function began just at 10 a.m. with the recitation from the holy Quran. Our Headmaster then read out the Annual Report dwelling on the gradual progress of the school. The chief guest then gave away the prizes among the winners. The prize winners were loudly cheered. The chief guest complimented the prize winners for their brilliant success and encouraged them to do better in future. The president of the function, in his short speech, advised the students to train themselves up in discipline and build their character to become good citizens of the country. Then an enjoyable variety show was arranged by the students. In the end the Headmaster thanked the distinguished guests and others present on the occasion.
I am quite well and hope this will find you hale and hearty.
Yours ever,
Y
To From
Name: X
Vill: Shibgram
Post: Madabgonj
Dist: Sylhet
Name: Y
Comilla Zila School,
Comilla.
Part: 01 Part: 02 Part: 03 Part: 04 Part: 05
Share on Google Plus
    Google Comment
    Facebook Comment